Advance Payments Program (APP)
What is the APP?
The Advance Payments Program (APP) is a Government of Canada program which supports the provision of cash advances to producers across Canada.
Why should I use the APP?
Created for farmers, this ag-mazing program allows you to borrow at low rates, repay as you sell, and market your product when prices are most advantageous.
When can I get the APP?
Financing available year round providing up to 18 months of financing for over 4,000 different commodities such as grains and oilseeds, vegetables, livestock, ginseng, hemp, and even potted plants.
How much can I borrow?
Eligible companies can receive up to $100,000 interest-free, with an additional $900,000 available at Prime Interest Rate.
How can I get the APP?
For more information about the APP or to process an application over the phone, call ACC toll-free at 1-888-278-8807.
- Operating capital for crop inputs
- $1,000,000 Loan Maximum
- First $100,000 - Interest-free / Balance @ Prime
- Financing up to 18 months (includes enrollment in storage component)
- The loan rate is calculated at approximately 50% of the projected farm gate value
- Loan calculations are related to Production Insurance Guarantee, AgriStability Reference
- Margin, ASRA Reference Margin or quantity of product in storage
- Farm-fed grains and silage are not eligible
- Repayment as crop is marketed - supported by receipts after Jan-31
- Repayment commodity specific
- Deadline to repay: December 30th in case of non- storable crops
- Can transfer balance to APP storage before December 30th